Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ramblings

Eva is going to Great America today with her cousin Cassey for Cassey's birthday. And they're going to see Jesse McCartney. And she'll be sleeping over. And going to Chuck E Cheese for Cassey's birthday on Friday. But I can't help feeling a little sad. My baby is growing up, doing big girl things - her first time at Great America, and without her parents. Her first concert and without her parents. What a big girl she's becoming!! And yet I want to hold her on my lap and never let her go. But let her go I must, even though it will be difficult at times for her. It's not easy being a kid with Aspergers, even if it is a "mild" form. And why do some people just not get that it's ok that she takes medicine, it's what gets her through the day as "normal" as possible. Even Eva, who's 6, understands the pills help her. And I wish she didn't have to go through that. I wish she was "normal"/"average", but I guess it's the quirks that make her unique. Be safe little one. I'll be holding my breath until you return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment