Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Big Scary Sound


So when everyone woke up today, they ALL had runny noses!! Of course, I have no medicine in the house and I'm broke until Friday. But I can go to Walgreens and buy over the counter med's and charge it to hubbys flex spending account. So I pack everybody up and head on over to Walgreen's, which is just down the road. As I'm driving down the road, I see a guy mowing the lawn of this business and he's in the parkway as I'm passing by. I hear the mower make a funny sound, then I hear a loud "BANG!!" Then Eva screams and says, "Mommy, the window is broke!" So I pull over and sure enough, my far back window is broken. I start to shake because if it had been forward a foot, it would have gone through the open window and hit one of the kids, possibly killing them!! Then I'm mad because I don't have the money to fix this and I can't report this to my insurance because I'd still have to pay for the whole thing anyway and it would just be an excuse to raise my rates. So I turn around and go back to the place of business. The owner happened to be there and he was really nice and offered to have my window replaced. So, I'm going back there tomorrow to have a new window put in. Oh, and the trips - they were all sleeping and didn't even wake up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment