Saturday, April 24, 2010

Not My Day!!!!!!!!!

"This was NOT my day!!" sobbed my oldest daughter, Eva. I held her and rocked her and just listened to her sob. There was nothing I could say, she was right, sigh.
     "I waited FOREVER to dance and then I didn't do so well"
     "I waited soooo long, that I missed Melodie's birthday party" (lots of sobs)
     "It took us so long to get home, we missed your friends birthday party"
     " My hair didn't turn out tonight and we forgot my bow"
     " I messed up my song that I knew by heart"
     " And after all that, I didn't even win the talent show!!!" (more sobbing)
"I was looking forward to this day and it was HORRIBLE!!!"
"Well honey, maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Today is done, it's over. Tomorrow is a new day, a new page. Here's hoping it's a good one. Remember honey, I love you. You are my sunshine. My world is better because you're in it. XOXOXOXO"
      My poor Eva, it's sooo hard to wear your heart on your sleeve. She's joyful, bubbly, exuberant, energetic, perpetual. But she can crash, and crash HARD! And that's when I hold her, and tell her I love her, and that some times, your best isn't enough, but that doesn't make you a failure, that you're never a failure if you try your best. Fingers crossed that tomorrow really is a better day for her!

  Here she is, all dressed up!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww....you seem to know what to say. I wish I had that talent!

    ReplyDelete